Updated: 07/01/2022 – 17:08
Tastes like real
Vegan tuna pizza: Pizza Tonno without fish
Tuna pizza is one of the most popular pizzas ever. No wonder, the combination of tuna and onions is simple and yet ingenious. So today we will show you how you can enjoy this classic vegan dish.
And this is how it is done:
- First prepare the dough: Crumble the yeast in 100 ml of lukewarm water and stir until it has dissolved. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and salt together and then form a well. Pour in the yeast water.
- Mix the remaining water with the olive oil and also pour into the dough. Then knead everything for about 5 minutes until a smooth dough has formed. If it is too dry, add some lukewarm water. Shape into a ball and let rest covered in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Roll up the tuna a bit with a fork. Peel the onions and cut into rings. Mix the tomato passata with the tomato paste, season with salt and pepper and add Italian herbs to taste.
- Preheat the oven (200 degrees convection). Divide the dough in half and roll out each half thinly. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread with the tomato sauce. Then optionally sprinkle cheese on top and spread the tuna and onions evenly over both pizzas. Sprinkle some capers on top if you like. Finally, bake the pizzas for 15 minutes. Serve warm and sprinkle some arugula on top beforehand, if you like.
Our vegan tuna pizza really tastes like a regular tuna pizza. Because there are now some fish-free tuna variants available in the supermarket that are in no way inferior to the original in terms of taste. And for the very creative among you, it’s worth making your own vegan tuna: from chickpeas. The following gallery shows you what else is simmering in vegan cuisine:
Are you new to animal free nutrition? Then there are a few things to consider, because by not eating meat, milk and the like, you initially lack some nutrients. We are happy to tell you which ones you should pay particular attention to. Just watch the video:
Then visit our theme pages for more vegan ideas and other Italian recipes.
Do you prefer to use your smartphone to travel? Get the free recipe app from BILD der FRAU directly on your mobile phone! Discover many quick and simple dishes, inspiration for a delicious dinner with friends or delicacies for your home bakery. Apple users can download the app HERE – Android users will find it HERE.