The aroma of fresh apple pie makes many hearts beat faster. With a shortcrust pastry base, the cake is prepared quickly.
The most important things at a glance
Recipe for shortcrust pastry apple pie
Apple pie is especially popular in autumn. If you want to bake the treat yourself, you can’t go wrong with a cake made from shortcrust pastry. Here you will find our recipe for a covered apple pie made from shortcrust pastry.
1st step: Prepare the shortcrust pastry
Ingredients for shortcrust pastry:
- 200 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 egg
- 300 grams of wheat flour
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Put butter, sugar and the egg in a mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer until a frothy mass is formed.
- Then add the wheat flour and vanilla sugar. Then knead the dough vigorously. This is best done by hand.
- Once you have worked the mass into a smooth dough, shape it into a ball.
- Then cover the shortcrust pastry with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. The dough must then rest for half an hour in a cool place. In the meantime, you can prepare the filling for the apple pie.
2nd step: Prepare the seasoning filling
Ingredients for the spice filling:
- 1 kg apples (preferably Boskop)
- 100 g candied ginger
- 4 tbsp ginger syrup
- 20 grams of sugar
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Cut the ginger into small slices and mix it with the apples, ginger syrup and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Leave the filling for half an hour.
Clue: The apple pie becomes particularly fruity if you add some grated organic orange and organic lemon to the filling.