One dough, three layers: this magic cake lives up to its name. It is also completely creamy and delicious and can be varied again and again.
Do you like cake recipes with a delicious cream layer that are easy to bake? This is no problem with this recipe: three different cake layers are baked with just one dough. Perfect for baking beginners: little effort in the kitchen, no unusual ingredients (you probably already have most of them at home) and the result is sure to impress your guests. As if by magic, three layers are created here: a flan-like base, a creamy custard layer and a crunchy top. In this recipe, berries are added as the bottom layer. You can also leave it out if you want, which makes the recipe even easier. Sounds good right? Then bake quickly and start working magic.
Example image – not the actual recipe image.
Recipe for magic cake with berries: the ingredients
|Baking pan:||Bread pan (approx. 11 x 25 cm)|
|Baking time:||75 minutes|
- 200 g berries (eg blueberries, raspberries) or frozen berry mix
- 125 g butter + a little more for spreading
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 120 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500ml milk
This recipe is designed for a bread pan, but you can also use other baking pans for the magic cake, such as a springform pan or a square pan of 20 x 20 centimeters. You just have to make sure that the mold is not too big, otherwise the dough will spread and not form layers. The baking time can also be shortened if you use a different cake pan than specified here. Just do the chopstick test after about 60 minutes so the consistency is right.
The most popular cake classics and cake dreams
Magic cake with berries: This is how the magic cake recipe succeeds
- Wash fresh fruit under water. If you are using frozen berries, let them thaw for about 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 150 °C top/bottom heat or 125 °C fan.
- Grease the bottom of a bread pan with butter and line the mold with baking paper – here’s a baking paper tip to make it easier.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave and let cool slightly. Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a bowl until creamy. Add the melted butter in a thin stream, sift in the flour and a pinch of salt and continue to beat for about two minutes. Pour in the milk while stirring. Don’t be surprised if the dough is quite runny.
- Beat the egg whites stiffly and carefully fold them into the batter – do not stir, otherwise the beaten air will escape. Egg white clouds are desired.
- Spread the berries on the bottom of the bread pan and pour the batter over it. Bake the magic cake in the oven for about 75 minutes. If the cake becomes too dark on the surface before the end of the baking time, you can simply cover the form with a layer of baking paper.
- Then take out the form, let the cake cool and then put it in the fridge for two hours. To serve, remove the magic cake from the baking pan and slice it.
You can also dust the magic cake with icing sugar before slicing it. Happy baking and bon appetit!
List of categories: © instagram.com/andreas_backgalerie/