Baked oatmeal combines everything for breakfast that a sweet tooth will love. Oatmeal, banana and milk. The toppings are variable, how about chocolate?
A good start to the day is important. For some, a decent breakfast includes bread and eggs, for others a fruity smoothie, and still others prefer muesli or porridge*. Speaking of porridge: when breakfast is mostly gone healthy oatmeal exist, it is a very good thing. Oats provide fiber and protein, making them a great breakfast ingredient, such as healthy breakfast muffins. Or just try it Baked oatmeal so baked oatmeal. The recipe comes from TikTok, where kitchen hacks and food trends like to go viral. For example, try this incredibly simple and delicious recipe for Baked Feta Pasta. Basically, baked oats or rolled oats have the same ingredients as a porridge, except that instead of being cooked in a pot, they are baked in the oven or in the microwave. The result is a delicious yet healthy, cake-like breakfast. And during the preparation you can vary the other toppings so that it doesn’t get boring in the morning: blueberries, chocolate, cinnamon… Find out the recipe here.
Also read: The best cake recipes: from A for apple pie to Z for lemon pie.
Recipe for Baked Oats: Healthy Breakfast – The Ingredients
For a portion:
- 60 g soft oat flakes
- a ripe banana
- 160 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- Topping of your choice (eg chocolate chips, chopped fruit, seeds)
If you are vegan, you can easily change the recipe and replace the milk with a plant-based drink, such as oat milk.
Also interesting: This oatmeal pudding is deliciously creamy and still slims you down.
By the way:
There is great inspiration for cooking and baking in our regular recipe newsletter.
Nice too: For the little chocolate craving: Nutella mug cake from the microwave.
TikTok Recipe: How to Make Homemade Baked Oats
- Place the oats in a blender and grind.
- Break the banana into pieces and add it to the oatmeal together with the milk and baking powder.
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender for about 20 seconds until you have a smooth batter.
- Place the batter in a microwave-safe bowl, flatten and microwave at 750 watts for about 3 minutes. After one minute, check for consistency and continue with 30-second intervals.
- Alternatively, place the ovenproof dish in the oven at 180 °C for about 15 minutes. This method ensures a particularly crispy surface and is even more reminiscent of a cake.
- Then take out the baked oats and serve with the toppings of your choice. If you use chocolate chips, you can also put them on the dough before baking, and then melt.
(mad) *Merkur.de is an offer of IPPEN.MEDIA.