Delicious lemon cake made from only 3 ingredients
Sweet, sour and full of pleasure: Most of us are probably aware of how good a lemon cake tastes in the afternoon. But do you also know how to conjure it up with just a few ingredients?
Lemon cake was always one of my favorite cake variations as a child. Best with delicious icing, mixed with lemon juice on top! But the normal version is not always something for us, because it also means effort. With this baking recipe, that is no longer the case. We’ll show you how to prepare your lunch in no time.
On to the delicious cake experience
- 4 eggs
- 280g white chocolate
- 2 unwashed lemons (juice and peel)
This is how the melt-in-your-mouth snack succeeds
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a baking pan (18 x 18 cm) with baking paper.
- Separate the egg white and yolk. Use a mixing bowl for the egg white.
- Melt your chocolate in a larger bowl. You can traditionally use a water bath for this, or carefully melt the ingredient in the microwave (in a microwave safe container). When your chocolate has completely melted, let it cool a bit so that it remains liquid, but is no longer too hot.
- Now you can mix in the egg yolk and turn both ingredients into a sweet mass.
- Now beat your egg whites with a mixer. Until you get a firm, fluffy egg white.
- Add one third of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and gently fold it in with a spatula or spoon. Repeat the process until the egg whites are completely folded in and you can no longer see any residue in the mass. The dough should look light and fluffy.
- Squeeze your lemon (one is enough, depending on the size) and carefully add the 60 ml juice and the grated zest.
- Pour your batter into the prepared baking tray and bake the mixture for 40 minutes. The top of the lemon cake should be light brown and have formed a thin, slightly hardened layer. Do the toothpick test: If the dough sticks to the wood when you poke it, it needs a little longer.
- Then let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan. For best results, leave overnight at room temperature and serve the next day. You can taste it beforehand, but the texture is ideal once it’s completely cooled.
Since the taste of the cake is quite intense due to the white chocolate, small pieces, for example with coffee or tea, are sufficient.
Source used: Kirbie’s Cravings