Was the holiday too short or didn’t deliver what they promised? Then you urgently need a little holiday feeling! This Italian breakfast can be prepared in just a minute and taste as if you were in a cafe in Florence or a beach bar in Rimini. We’ll show you how it’s done.
Italian breakfast: how it works
The Italian breakfast is as simple as it is to prepare, and as delicious as it puts you in the middle of an extended Italian family. Because at the Zupa di latte (in German milk soup) is a typical breakfast dishthat the “mommy” prepares for her children before school.
All you need is:
- espresso powder
- a light bun
And it’s that easy:
- Feel free to use a classic espresso maker if you have one. Make yourself an espresso and put it aside for a moment.
- Boil some milk in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot milk into a large mug and mix it with the espresso.
- Now tear the bun into small pieces and add it to the milk and espresso mixture.
- Wait for the pieces to dissolve and stir everything.
you can Zupa di latte now scoop out of the cup. Delicious!
This is how you eat breakfast in Bella Italia
You can see from the 1 minute breakfast that the Italians have to be a bit faster in the morning. You take yourself for it more time in the eveningto enjoy pizza and pasta with the whole family.
In the morning, however, it is enough to have something in the stomach – also hot. Next to the Zupa di latte At the Italian breakfast there are also croissants, so-called cornettos, on the table. It is eaten with chocolate spread or jam. Also the classic jam bread, rhombus and marmellata, is eaten in the morning. It must be sweet – just la dolce vita!
More about breakfast: